1. Let’s chat the day before your scheduled session. The less we speak with each other during our session in the office, the lower the risk of transmission. I will check-in with you on the day before your appointment to make sure that you have not exhibited any Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms within the last 24 hours via text, phone, or email. You will be asked the following questions prior to your appointment:
1. Within the last 10 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus? 2. Do you live in the same household with, or have you had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days was diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming they have the virus?
If the answer to either question is “yes”, do not enter the facility and reschedule your session.
3. Have you had one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours, which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
For more information about these questions and what your answers will tell us visit: www.sfcdcp.org/covid19
2. Reschedule if you think you may be sick. Reschedule for no earlier than 14-days after you experienced your last symptom. Reschedule if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness (and then go get tested, of course.) All cancellation fees will be waived at this time. Visit for more information on testing in the Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines here.
3. Arrive about 10 minutes prior to the start of your appointment. You’ll need time to get here. No more than 4 people will be allowed in each of the elevator cabs at any given time. While in the elevator please stand on each corner to provide distance with fellow riders. This means it may take some time to reach MassageLogic Bodywork.
4. Wear a face mask (with no valve) upon entering the building, and through the entirety of your session. Upon entry to the Hobart Building, it is required that everyone wear a face mask to access the building including but not limited to elevators, hallways, stairwells, bathrooms, and common areas, as per the mandate by Governor Newsom. Please keep your mask on while with me at MassageLogic Bodywork, and throughout your session.
5. Sanitize your hands upon entering the building, and any time you’ve touched a surface outside of the studio. Use the hand sanitizer dispenser located in the lobby when entering the building. If you visit the restroom prior to your session, please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after utilizing the restroom. If you come straight to our office prior to your session, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer prior to entering the studio.
6. Practice safe distancing at all times. Observe the 6-foot separation marks in the lobby while you are waiting or queuing for the elevators. Please continue to observe social distancing while in the hallways, stairwells, and bathrooms.
What You Can Expect
1. Your therapist will call you to cancel your session if there is any indication that she may be sick. The therapist will call 24-48 hours prior to your appointment to notify you of their need to reschedule for a future date if they have had a particularly high-exposure week or are experiencing symptoms. - The therapist will take and record their own temperature at the beginning and end of each workday.
2. More time between sessions. Sessions will be scheduled an hour apart to allow for time to thoroughly disinfect all surfaces and provide for fresh ventilation throughout the space.
3. High cleaning standards in the building. The Hobart Building cleaning staff will be employing approved cleaning standards throughout the building.
4. Constant and thorough disinfection of high-touch surfaces. All high-touch surfaces and fixtures will be disinfected with hydrogen peroxide spray (effective against COVID-19 virus, but without nasty chemicals) before your arrival, and between clients. We’ll also wave our magic (disinfecting UV that kills 99.9% of germs within 30 seconds) wand around. - Prior to the first appointment of the day, the sole practitioner working that day will disinfect and prepare the office for the first client. - During the hour reserved between each client, the practitioner will disinfect the office and prepare for the next client. Overlap inside the office or outside in the hallway will not be allowed. - Both the practitioner and client will be required to wash their hands for no less than 20-secs before and after the appointment. - Gloves will be worn by this practitioner while prepping and cleaning the massage studio before, between, and after each client.
5. Sheets and towels laundered with disinfection in mind. Our cleaners have always done a tremendous job of delivering us fresh linens laundered with low to no-chemical detergents. With eliminating viruses as the primary goal, they will be utilizing bleach when cleaning our linens. - Our newly laundered linens will be kept in closed plastic containers to preserve their sanitized state. - Our used linens will be kept in a lidded bin with a plastic liner to eliminate potential contamination. Gloves will be used during the handling of all linens.
6. HEPA air purification and thorough ventilation of space to eliminate airborne viruses. MassageLogic Bodywork will be equipped with a HEPA filter air purifier, which will eliminate 99.9% of any COVID-19 viruses lingering in the air within an hour of operation. Between sessions, we will open the windows and doors to allow for clean, fresh air to pass through.
7. Office occupancy / Hallway occupancy: During office hours, there will be no more than 1 practitioner and 1 client allowed in the office at any time. Only a single person will be allowed to wait in the hall, next to the office. - Walk-in clients are not allowed at this time. All clients are seen By Appointment Only. - Clients may not bring additional people with them to their massage appointments.
8. Dedicated, disinfected bins to store belongings. Shoes must be removed upon entering the studio and stored in a designated bin. Your personal belongings will also be stored in a separate designated bin. - All used gloves and masks will be disposed of properly in a touch-less garbage bin and disposed of at the end of the day. - Client shoes and clothing will each have their own plastic-lined storage bins.
9. Food and beverage containers are not allowed in the massage studio.
10. All furniture and shared equipment used by the client or practitioners will be disinfected before, between, and after each appointment. - Wipeable massage table and mat coverings will be used for each new client. - Disposable face coverings will be used on face cradles.
11. PPE for me keeps you protected. I will be wearing a mask and gloves for the duration of our session. And yes, I ask that you please wear a mask, as well. - Clients who refuse to wear a mask will be refused service. - We request that clients bring their own masks to wear while on premises at The Hobart Building and during their entire interaction with their practitioner. - The client will not be let into the office building without a mask, but with enough notice, the practitioner will provide the client with a new mask.
12. Product samples will not be available in the shared office suite of MassageLogic Bodywork/Mochi Massage & Bodywork.
13. All portable items (ex: pillows, blankets, or magazines) will be removed from the office.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.