1. Remain cautious and vigilant about your health status. The less we speak with each other during our session in the office, the lower the risk of transmission. I will no longer check-in with you on the day before your appointment to make sure that you have not exhibited any Covid-19 or flu-like symptoms within the last 24 hours via text, phone, or email. Self-assess by asking yourself the following questions prior to your appointment and cancel your massage, if necessary:
1. Within the last 10 days have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus? 2. Do you live in the same household with, or have you had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days was diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming they have the virus?
If the answer to either question is “yes”, do not enter the facility and reschedule your session.
3. Have you had one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours, which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
For more information about these questions and what your answers will tell us visit: www.sfcdcp.org/covid19
2. Reschedule if you think you may be sick. Reschedule for no earlier than 14-days after you experienced your last symptom. Reschedule if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness (and then go get tested, of course.) Visit for more information on testing in the Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines here.
Please provide at least 24-48 hours notice for cancellation.
3. Masks are no longer required to enter either 414 Jackson St or 644 40th St buildings. While I will continue to wear my mask during our sessions, it is completely up to you whether you wear a mask during your massage.
What You Can Expect
1. Your therapist will call you to cancel your session if there is any indication that she may be sick. The therapist will call 24-48 hours prior to your appointment to notify you of their need to reschedule for a future date if they have had a particularly high-exposure week or are experiencing symptoms.
2. More time between sessions. Sessions will be scheduled 30-minutes apart to allow for time to thoroughly disinfect all surfaces and provide for fresh ventilation throughout the space.
3. High cleaning standards in the building. Both 414 Jackson St and 644 40th St locations will be professionally cleaned by property management staff and will be employing approved cleaning standards throughout the building.
4. Constant and thorough disinfection of high-touch surfaces. All high-touch surfaces and fixtures will be disinfected with hydrogen peroxide spray (effective against COVID-19 virus, but without nasty chemicals) before your arrival, and between clients. - Prior to the first appointment of the day, the practitioner working that day will disinfect and prepare the office for the first client. - During the 30-mins reserved between each client, the practitioner will disinfect the office and prepare for the next client. - The practitioner will be required to wash their hands before and after the appointment.
5. Sheets and towels laundered with disinfection in mind. Our cleaners have always done a tremendous job of delivering us fresh linens laundered with low to no-chemical detergents. With eliminating viruses as the primary goal, they will be utilizing bleach when cleaning our linens. - Our newly laundered linens will be kept in closed plastic containers to preserve their sanitized state. - Our used linens will be kept in a lidded bin with a plastic liner to eliminate potential contamination. Gloves will be used during the handling of all linens.
6. HEPA air purification and thorough ventilation of space to eliminate airborne viruses. MassageLogic Bodywork will be equipped with a HEPA filter air purifier, which will eliminate 99.9% of any COVID-19 viruses lingering in the air within an hour of operation. Between sessions, we will open the windows and doors to allow for clean, fresh air to pass through.
7. Office occupancy: During office hours, there will be no more than 1 practitioner and 1 client allowed in the office at any time. - All clients are seen By Appointment Only.
8. Food and beverage containers are not allowed in the massage studio. Water bottles are allowed.
9. All furniture and shared equipment used by the client or practitioners will be disinfected before, between, and after each appointment. - Wipeable massage table and mat coverings will be used for each new client. - Disposable face coverings will be used on face cradles.